DIGITAL INDUSTRIALISATION GOALS
5 to 10% increase in production yield
• Developing dedicated sensing technologies for Resin Transfer Moulding (RTM) manufacturing process
• Elaborating hybrid twins merging physics-based and data-driven models for the smart structure and its RTM manufacturing process
• Developing an innovative RTM process that integrates sensors technology connected with digital/hybrid twin approach
• Quantifying the operational performances of the smart fan blade by integrating its hybrid twin in a cosimulation tool dedicated to the design of highly complex systems such as aircraft engines.
MAINTENANCE, REPAIR AND OVERHAUL (MRO) GOALS
Reduction of 50% of Turn Around Time
• Developing probabilistic Structural Health Monitoring-data-driven methodologies for damage assessment as well as the estimation of the mean remaining useful life accompanied by uncertainty quantification
• Qualifying the use of embedded sensors (fiber Bragg grating -FBG- and printed sensors) for the assessment of life cycle of fan blades structures
• Enabling a new inspection strategy of fan blades based on automated Structural Health Monitoring technology.
ECOLOGICAL AND RECYCLING GOALS
Recovering 100% of Titanium and 100% of Carbon Fiber content
• Developing a new methodology that combine two innovative process, a laser-induced disassembly and a
pyrolysistechnology, for the optimal recycling of the fan blades after their end of service life. The challenge is to evaluate the mechanical properties of materials before and after disassembly to guide the resource recovering in the manufacturing process or recycling.
Roadmap for the adoption of standards for eLCM
• Propose guidelines and standards for the implementation of the innovative Resin Transfer Molding manufacturing of fan blades process.
• Propose guidelines and standards in the implementation of Structural Health Monitoring systems for aerofoils application.
• Pave the way for new standards of a non-mechanical disassembly process for titanium-composite structure